Juxtaposition of light and dark
















 
Happy Friday everyone. Wow! What a week I had, rehearsals, photo-shoots, job interviews, a teenager, a six year old child and a husband to take care of and let's not forget this blog to write which has kept me busy and happy.
Today's story is all about dark and light, winter weather and a summer outfit, day wear at night time, juxtapositions.
Juxtaposition means "opposites placed next to each other so as to emphasize the contrast". And that's exactly the main theme of today's post, using the centre of London as a mise-en-scene, Ricardo and I set to do our very first night time photo-shoot, and let me tell you  it was a challenge to start with; natural light is a blessing as anyone who takes photos knows, and to be honest our first set of pictures didn't work out (which made Ricardo really frustrated and made me giggle like a little girl) until he came up with a brilliant idea and used a "reflecta". From that point onwards we sailed through our photo-shoot.  I must admit that the subject of dark and light fascinates me, I absolutely love how it was captured on camera.
London's dark night is juxtaposed by the city's lights, neon adverts and the car lights which bounce their reflection upon a wet mirrored ground, courtesy of the rain. Another juxtaposition was my outfit, a breezy pink jumpsuit more suited to warm summer nights, instead of a rainy night, a light ensemble shining bright in contrast with a gloomy night. My aim was to highlight the aesthetic look of my outfit by contrasting it with the darkness of the night.

Thank you for reading and I wish you all a lovely weekend.

Thank you to Ricardo Noel Frutuoso for the amazing pictures.

Outfit: jumpsuit, top, heels, bag, Primark; coat, H&M

Virginia XOXO


Comments

  1. Gostei. Adoro o mix de cores. O pink ficou lindo de morrer! As fotos são boas. Gosto do quick na obturação. O efeito ficou perfeito. Tens que fazer mais dessas a noite. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts