Sanctuary ~ Meditation Room: How to create your own sacred space








... and November is here. Time is running rapidly... and before you know it, it will be Christmas.

I absolutely loved doing this photo shoot for this blog post, first because it was shot in my house which meant I could have all the little luxuries you can not have when you are shooting outdoors. Tea, candles, warmth, music, comfort, cosiness, privacy, yep, I loved it! So without further ado, let me present to you my sanctuary. This is my special place, where I can sit and be still, where the silence drowns out the noise and I can feel, this is the place where I can live in the moment immersed in my own thoughts with  moments of clarity; they are brief but so perfect.

Here I listen to music, read, dance, practice my Tarot reading, write my morning pages, meditate and do some yoga.

Go on create your own personal, special and sacred space in your home, you don't need much. Whatever your spiritual beliefs it will only benefit you to have a calming oasis in your home where you can have quite moments of introspection and reflection. It does not matter if it's an entire room or just a little corner. The important thing is there must be a place where you can rest, reconnect, and be inspired to pursue your own passions and make sense to what is meaningful in your life.

Here are my tips on how to create your own sacred space:

1. find a physical place, that will encourage you to be peaceful and quiet.
2. give yourself a comfortable place to sit. Add a couple of fluffy floor pillows, a rug where you can rest your body.
3. personalise your space. Add all your calming objects, crystals, candles, books, plants flowers, music, photos..  
    anything that makes you fell relaxed.

Keep in mind that the most important thing is that your sacred space has to be meaningful to YOU.

I hope you enjoyed this post and that you've found these tips helpful.

Thank you for reading.

Outfit: playsuit & scarf; H&M.

Photos by Tatiana Brito-Khan.

Virginia XOXO




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts