Sweet dichotomy


Hi everyone, happy Friday! I'm back in London after having flown to Portugal last week for my friend's wedding. Well, what can I say... we had a blast!!! And by we, I mean my daughter Tatiana and I. We arrived in Lisbon last Wednesday night and were blessed with a sunny Thursday, the perfect excuse to spend the whole day at the beach, oh how I missed the sea and the feel of sand between my toes. The beaches in Portugal are endless with golden sand and the weather is perfect most of the time. Although the temperature was not summer hot, the sun was shining and I decided to wear my ripped jeans with a floaty white dress, a perfect outfit to stroll on the beach. This particular beach is in Cascais and is called Praia dos Pescadores (Fisherman's Beach). Cascais is a beautiful village near the sea where I grew up, words and photos can not describe the beauty of this place. Growing up I always felt blessed to have the privilege to enjoy endless summers on the beach and now that I live in London and enjoy the city life, it is like a sweet dichotomy (city versus beach). I know that I can always go back home and appreciate the beautiful sea, I truly believe that the sea has a calming effect. I hope you like all the photos. Thank you for reading and I'll see you next week.






Once you feet have touched the warm sun drenched sand of the seashore, you will never be the same.








Give me sea water and sunshine and I will show you what my soul looks like. Shade Andria Zabale



Nothing soothes the soul like a walk along the beach.


Outfit: Ripped jeans, Primark; Dress, Peacocks; Top & beanie, H&M.

A special thanks to my beautiful daughter who took these pictures.

Virginia XOXO
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts