Film Noir

Good morning everyone. Happy Friday! 

This week I'm bringing you a story in Black and White like scenes out of a film noir. Many years ago fresh from leaving Portugal I enrolled on a commedia dell'arte course at The City Lit, London, where I met a lovely gentleman who invited me to do a play about the first Russian female pilot.  We were a large group of actors and our playground or I must say our mise en scene was the ground surrounding the Barbican Centre. We were on a budget so we cut our costs by rehearsing in an open air environment, I was immediately taken by the Brutalist architecture of the 60s and 70s. The Barbican Centre itself and all surrounding buildings are an interesting place to explore, there's a really artistic vibe going around.  For this photo story I wanted to create a mysterious and somehow intense and strong images, hence the black and white pictures that enhance the gritty, raw and stripped back beauty of mono images. By using black and white pictures and all the shades in between there are no distractions of colour.

As usual Ricardo understood my concept and delivered exactly what I wanted. So, go ahead and enjoy the pictures, I hope you like them.

Thank you for reading.

Outfit: shoes & dress, Zara; bag, H&M; hair piece, A. D. Bijou

Photos by Ricardo Noel Frutuoso

Virginia XOXO





















Comments

Popular Posts