Red Velvet Ribbon




Hi peeps! Another Friday, another blog post. How are you guys?
I've been on a roller-coaster of emotions for the last couple of months. I don't know about you, but for me music is a great companion, that soothes and comforts me when I go in too deep. Lately I've been listening a lot of Janet Jackson, especially her album Velvet Rope.

The whole album is great, I've done a little research and guess what? Janet Jackson developed this as a concept record album, using introspection as its theme. The title of the album is an illusion to an individual's need to feel special, as well as a metaphor for emotions boundaries,  in comparison to "rope lines", which prohibits access from spectators.

 As I struggle with issues of low self esteem, soft boundaries  and abandonment, I used a Velvet Red Ribbon on my hair  as an allusion of my deepest fears, I'm working hard on myself, trying to understand all of these emotions inside me. Also, hair is a subject that all women can relate to, the way each one of us style our hair sends a message of power, that can dictate how others treat you. Hair and identity are closely related.

What is your deepest fear?

Have you ever confronted it?

Leave a comment below, I would love to hear about it. Sometimes talking about our fears helps, and when others reach out, you realise that you are not alone.

Outfit: Top & shoes, New Look; Trousers, Primark; Watch, River Island; Ribbon (old)

Thank you for reading.
Virginia XOXO





Comments

Popular Posts