Potato Roses

Goodnight my sweet readers, another day another blog post.
Two posts in two days, what can I say I'm inspired!
For the first time in many years I haven't enjoyed Autumn as I used to maybe because I was still enjoying summer too much. Also Autumn in Portugal is very different from Autumn in England, the trees stay mostly green all year round, very different from the myriad of reds, yellows and brown leaves that I used to see in London. I think I jumped straight into Christmas mode, unfortunately my Christmas decorations are still in England so I dug out every festive red kitchen  utensil and I'm starting to slowly decorate my kitchen and in the process getting inspired by everything Christmassy. So today I created a dish inspired on an idea I've seen on Pinterest, some of you might have come across it but for those of you who haven't here it is, and I hope you enjoy it.
Without much further ado I introduce you my Parmesan Potato Roses. 
 
 
 
 
 







 These potato roses are a wonderful addition for any plate.
 
                 INGREDIENTS
  • 4 medium potatoes or 2 large potatoes
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
  • 2 teaspoons thyme leaves, coarsely chopped, plus extra for garnish
  • Flake salt


      

         DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat your oven to 400 F. Grease a  muffin pan with butter and set aside.
  2. Slice potatoes to be as thin as possible. The thinner they are the easier they are to handle. Stack potato slices and cut in half. Then place cut potato slices in a large bowl of cold water as you make your way through all the potatoes.
  3. Melt butter in a saucepan over a low heat.
  4. Dry your potato slices by placing them between two dry dish towels or paper towels.
  5. Grab 15 half-slices and roll them as tightly as possible. Transfer into the mini muffin cup. Add more half-slices to the outside to complete the roses. Continue assembling roses until you run out of potato slices.
  6. Brush the tops of the potato roses with the melted butter. Then top with grated Parmesan, chopped thyme, flake salt.
  7. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until edges and tops are golden brown. Let roses rest outside the oven for 5 minutes.


Ta-daaaa! And here you have it, my Potato Roses, they didn't came out perfect, but they were delicious. Go ahead give it a try, and I hope to inspire you. If you bake them for Christmas, they will look beautiful at your Christmas table.



Thank you for reading, I hope you like the pictures and please leave a comment below, only if you wish.

VIRGINIA xx

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts