A bit of my story

 
Hello my beautiful readers.
Almost the end of February, where did the time go? Soon March will be here, and to be honest I am looking forward to Spring. The mis-en-scene for this photo-shoot was at Casa de Histórias Museu Paula Rego (House of Histories- Museum Paula Rego). Casa de Histórias Paula Rego is an Art Museum located in Cascais that I highly recommend a visit, however it is not about this location that I want to blog about. As the title indicates, House of Histories, I would like  to share with you  a bit of my story.
 
Some of you already know, I was born in Angola, when I was a baby I was very sick, also a kept "secret", due to the fact that my mother birthed me at a very young age, therefore my father  kept the news from his parents, however because I was so sick and they lived far from the city, my father had to seek out help from his parents. And that's how I end up being raised by my grandparent's. When the Civil war started in Angola, my grandparents were forced to flee to South Africa in order to escape to Portugal ( Angola is a former Portuguese colony ). Due to the mass number of citizens fleeing to South Africa, South Africa shut down it's boarders, therefore my parents could not escape and remained behind in Angola . My grandparents and I arrived in Portugal as refugees. It took almost 16 years till I could see my mother again...
I grew up without the love of my mother, but I always knew that if I ever become a mother I would make a priority to be always present and to enjoy my children. Now that I have two beautiful daughters I feel so blessed and I celebrate birthdays, Christmas, Halloweens, Easter, Carnival all the things I missed with my mother, I make sure that my babies will never miss the joy and love of  my presence.
 
Please be PRESENT in your children's lives, because when they grow up that's what they are going to remember, your presence and how they felt being loved by you.  
 
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy the photos taken by my daughter Tatiana.
 
 
outfit:Skirt and top, Primark; Boots Zara (old)
 
Virginia XOXO
 
 
 











Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing a bit of your story �� You are a beautiful human being and I am proud to be part of your life ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts