Self Worth

 
 Location: Parque Marchal Carmona - Cascais
 
Outfit Details
 Top and slides, Lefties
 Skirt, Grazie


I'll admit it ... I love Summer! And we have been blessed with lovely weather here in Portugal, which means, Summer clothes!!
Anyway, today I would like to talk about Self Worth. Self Love is a very talked about issue lately, and that's a good thing, however in my experience there's a couple of steps that will help you to get there. when I started my journey of self discovery, one of the first things I did was to work on my self worth, and oh boy, it was not easy.

Let's start with the definition of self-worth: Noun, the sense of one's own value or worth; self-esteem; self-respect.

After my separation, I had little or almost no self-esteem, the dialogue I had with myself was very demeaning and I had no clue about what I wanted in life and if my opinions were mine or if I was being manipulated by other peoples opinions.
The thing is, when we don't know our self-worth we will settle for less, thinking that we don't deserve better, there's a sense that we are trapped and we don't have a clue how to get away.
I had to learn about BOUNDERIES. Boundary is that invisible line between two people, boundaries are very important to our physical and emotional health.

Here's a list of Healthy Boundaries
. Saying "no" without guilt
. Asking for what want or need
. Taking care of yourself
. Saying "yes" because you want to, not out of obligation
. behaving according to your own values  and beliefs
. Feeling safe to express difficult emotions and have disagreements
. Feeling supported to pursue your own goals
. Being treated as an equal
. Taking responsibility for your own happiness
. Not feeling responsible for someone else's happiness
. Being in tune with your own feelings
. Knowing who you are, what you believe, what you like

By deciding on clear boundaries and limits, it is important to not let others step over you and manipulate you.

I hope you find this blog post useful and I'm planning on writing the next one on self-improvement.

The list of healthy boundaries is from www.SharonMartinCounseling.com


Thank you for reading.
Virginia XOXO


       













Comments

Popular Posts