A Look At The "No Place Like Home" Exhibition



                     BRILLO BOX BY ANDY WARHOL


                      THROUGH BY PHILLIP KING


                     EYES TURNED INWARD BY ANISH KAPOOR




                      THE FOUNTAIN BY MARCEL DUCHAMP




Hi everybody, I'm back! Back to my regular scheduled programming of blogging... I took two weeks off blogging during this Spring break in order to spend quality time with my daughters, and also to deal with some personal issues. One rainy Saturday afternoon led us to Centro Cultural de Belém, where the Museu Coleção Berardo is located and where you can see the temporary exhibition "No Place Like Home".

It was such a treat to view this exhibition, I am a big enthusiast of the Dadaism movement that emerged during the First World War, and of course, Marcel Duchamp who planted an aesthetic time bomb with his "ready-mades", industrial or everyday objects which he signed as though he had made them himself and then exhibited in art galleries. The most famous of these, Fountain, was a urinal which he signed 'R Mutt'.


Well, as you can see this is a subject that I am passionate about and I could carry on talking forever. Anyhow, this exhibition is free to the public every Saturday and it will end on the 03/06/2018.
I hope you liked this post, please follow my blog, share it or leave a comment.

Photos by me and Tatiana Brito Khan       

                      TAKASHI MURAKAMI BY JEFF KOONS

                       POODLE BY JEFF KOONS

                     POWERLESS STRUCTURE BY ELMGREEN & DRAGSET

                     SUN BEFORE SUNSET BY NEVET YITZHAK



VIRGINIA XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts