Creative Tool - The Artist Date


Happy Monday!
On my last post, I did mention writing about a method I used a few years ago when I was doing the twelve-week course of 'The Artist's Way' by Julia Cameron.
For those of you who do not have a clue what I'm talking about, I'll explain. My last blog post was about how to use creativity to feel inspired and to inspire others. If you are interested in working and expand your creativity, bare with me.
In her book, Julia asks the readers to go on "Artists Dates", what is an artist date? You may ask.
"An artist date is a block of time, perhaps two hours weekly, especially set aside and committed to nurturing your creative consciousness, your inner artist. In its most primary form, the artist date is an excursion, a play date that you pre-plan and defend against all interlopers." 'The Artists Way' by Julia Cameron.

I have done it, and it works, it's  not easy at the beginning, but as soon as you get the hang of it, you start to enjoy yourself.  It is actually great fun to take yourself on a date (artist date) and the best part for me was the planning of those dates, it's very exciting. Start slowly, a simple walk to the countryside or the beach, where you can appreciate a sunrise or sunset. A visit to an art gallery, a new restaurant, the important thing is to stimulate your imagination and expand your creativity.
Take delight and find magic, before you know it, you will feel more creative.

I created a Pinterest board with plenty ideas for artist dates, have a look, the link is in my bio.
I sincerely hope, that this tool will help you and that you feel inspired to at least try it.

Thank you for reading, and don't forget to share and to leave a comment.
















 
 
 Outfit
 
Blouse and boot, Zara; Trousers, H&M; Beret, Pull&Bear
 
 









 
 
Photos by Tatiana Brito Khan
 
 
 
VIRGINIA XOXO
 


Comments

Popular Posts