London City Guide Part VI

 
 Happy Saturday! Well, this is the last post on the City Guide London series, I hope you had as much fun reading these posts as I had writing them. Today I'll bring you two amazing places.
First one is 'No 197 Chiswick Fire Station', a bar with the most wonderful decoration that serves delicious food, some of you may have seen pictures of their very famous peach-velvet colour sofas, a contemporary interior décor that invites you to relax. An independent bar and restaurant in Chiswick. I visited this bar/restaurant and was pleasantly surprised when I realized that there was a photo-shoot happening with no other than the very famous, fashionable Pandemonia. For those of you who don't know who Pandemonia is, she is a character and persona created as a conceptual artist by anonymous London based artist that has appeared in the art and fashion world since 2009. Clad in a latex full-head mask with stylized hair and latex dresses, Pandemonia is seven feet tall. The timing was perfect, as it was the last day of London fashion week and I managed to have a snap taken with her. Happy me!!
 
I had a grilled chicken skewer with turmeric marinade and yogurt with a karma cola. Karma Cola is made with Fairtrade organic cane sugar and real cola nut grown by the Mende and Temne people, of Sierra Leone. Part of the proceeds from each bottle goes the cola grower's families.
I really liked this place and I highly recommend it.


 



















 
 Last, but not least is the Grind another coffee & cocktail bar in Holborn, this was without a doubt my favourite bar in London, although I was in London for only one week, I manage to go to Holborn Grind twice,  and I'm glad that I did because Holborn Grind closed it doors and it's now looking for a nearby location.
 
You can still enjoy the Grind experience in other locations like Convent Garden and Soho. I loved the atmosphere, very chilled the music was amazing and they serve the best lattes ever! I will make sure to visit the other Grinds next time I visit London. 






 
 
Locations
No 197 Chiswick Fire Station, 197-199 Chiswick High Road.
 
Soho Grind
19 Beak Street, Soho London, W1F 9RP
Convent Garden Grind
42 Maiden Lane, Convent Garden London, WC2E 7LJ
 
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post and I'm planning to do a guide on Cascais, the place where I live.
 


 VIRGINIA XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts