The Journey

























 


 


Hi everybody, Happy Friday! Today's post was shot at the most beautiful “mise-en-scène”, between Bristol and Bath at Bitton Station on the Avon Valley railway. This train station takes you back in time and to the dream of a bygone era. This week's story was inspired by a short film "Brunel and Mary, A Love Story", directed by my friend Ricardo Noel Frutuoso (check link at the end). Some of the scenes from the short film were filmed at this station with a steam train, as soon as I saw the film I knew that I wanted to shoot at the same location. Unfortunately on the day of our photo shoot, the steam train wasn't running :( The book "Night Train to Lisbon", by Pascal Mercier was another source of inspiration for this week's story, the author sends you on a journey that transcends time and space, a must read if I say so myself. Ricardo and I wanted to create something out of a movie, and I hope you feel we succeeded ;) Fashion wise, one can never go wrong with a tulle skirt, such a feminine piece of clothing, often associated with ballerinas and of course Carrie Bradshaw. But as proven by so many fashion bloggers the tulle skirt is seriously hot property and you can either gloss up or dress down. As you may have noticed I am wearing teal errthing ;), teal is classed as a universally flattering colour that transcends the seasons by "Look Magazine", well teal is indeed one of my favourite colours, very chic. I really hope you enjoy today's post, leave some comments if you wish, thank you for reading and please do come back next week.

Thank you to Ricardo Noel Frutuoso for taking such beautiful pictures.

Outfit: Tulle skirt, Joy, Blouse, Gloves & Belt, Primark, Tights, M&S, Shoes, Zara, Fur Collar & Suitcase Vintage, Coat, Apricot, Black Top, Market Stool.



"When we talk about ourselves, about others or simply about things we want - it could be said - to reveal ourselves in our words: we want to show what we think and feel. We let other have a glimpse into our soul." -  Pascal Mercier, Night Train to Lisbon.





Virginia xx

Comments

Popular Posts