Wanderer


















"Not all who wander are lost".
 
Hi everyone, Happy Friday! I'm so excited about today's blog post, for many reasons. First of all I got together with my dear and talented friend Ricardo who shot this post, and I can not stress enough how much I love working with him, second I really liked the end result, as the mise en scene of my last post was so earthy and with warm Autumn colours with a country side feeling, I wanted to do something different this week, I wanted a more urban vibe, a city post.
As we wandered around town looking for a location to shoot I spotted the W Hotel, (a boutique hotel in Leicester Square) with its iconic W sign, which has funky lighting that changes colour. W hotel has a service policy entitled Whatever/Whenever, which means whatever you want, whenever you want it, as long as it's not illegal, immoral or just plain wrong. So, taking into account W's philosophy of "whatever/whenever", my philosophy for W would translate into W for women, W for warrior, W for wonderful, W for wicked, W for wow, but more importantly, W for wanderer.
Wanderer: to move about without a definite destination or purpose. You see, I've been a wanderer for the majority of my life, only really settling down for the last six years. I was born in Angola, passed through South Africa, raised in Portugal, lived for a while in Germany and I am currently living in London. I moved houses, in a total of 23 times thus far, wow! And it has been wonderful, I've learned so much, moving houses is quite stressful but also exciting it always feels like a new beginning.
So here we go, another bit of me that I'm sharing with you.
 
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be  king.
 
J. R. R. Tolkien
 
Outfit: dress & fuzzy coat, H&M; boots, rings, necklace & tights, Primark.
 
Photos: Ricardo Noel Frutuoso.
 
Thank you for reading.
 
Virginia XOXO
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts