I'm not ready yet...



Happy Friday everyone. I hope you all had a great week. Well, this week my body sent me a really clear message "slow down", and that is exactly what I've been doing. Taking. It. Easy.
Since I started blogging I've been dreaming of doing a photo shoot at my "special place", we all have one, right! You know, that place where you go when you are sad, happy, need to think, decide on something important or just Be. This special place of mine is the mise-en-scene for this week's post.
We have all heard the saying "let it go and don't look back", well I must confess that when I go to my special place I definitely look back (a lot), maybe because this special place reminds me of the one I had in Portugal. A stream surrounded by nature, yes there's something about water that calms me down and nature that just reassures me and makes me feel whole. So when I come here, I tend to look back and sometimes I feel that I am not ready to move forward, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Don't get me wrong, I've let a lot of stuff go but I'm not ready yet to let some stuff go. So, I'll keep coming back to this beautiful place, where I always feel a sense of tranquillity to reflect and just be myself, and I wait, be still... until I feel that I'm ready to let it go and move forward a little bit, no rush. I'm sure I will know when the time is right to let it all go.







Your soul knows the geography of your destiny. Your soul alone has the map of your future, therefore you can trust this indirect, oblique side of yourself. If you do, it will take you where you need to go, but more important it will teach you a kindness of rhythm in your journey. John O'Donohue, "Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom".









Outfit: maxi dress, long kimono, necklace & rings, Primark; headpiece, Claire's

Photo: Duaine Levy-Smith via www.facebook.com/majorframes

Virginia XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts