My first time at the Opera


 




 


 


 


 

 

 



 


Happy Wednesday! I hope you all are enjoying the beautiful sunshine, I certainly am, drinking chilled orange juice whilst writing this post. You all know the film "Pretty Woman", right? With Julia Roberts and Richard Gere. Do you remember the scene when he takes her to the opera for the first time and tells her you either love it or hate it? Well, I've never forgotten that scene (maybe because I've watched the film countless times). The truth is on the 7th May 2014, I went to the Opera for the first time in my life. And let me tell you, WOW! What a wonderful experience, the lush red velvet curtains and seating, the grandiose Opera house stage, the sound of a live orchestra playing Giacomo Puccini. It was magical, definitely a case of forever love. As a perk of being a member of the community ensemble rehearsing at the time at The Royal Opera House I had the "privilege" of being able to sit in the Directors Box, a proper treat. Tosca, one the great operas was breath taking, the singers on stage completely grabbed my attention from the beginning till the end, their voices and presence were spellbinding.
I could say "Richard Gere; it was my first time at the Opera and I loved it". Since then I've been on stage at The Royal Opera House and yesterday evening, I watched La Boheme also by Puccini at Trafalgar Square on a big screen, an initiative by BP who also had big screens all over the U.K. The atmosphere was wonderful with lots of people family, friends, tourists and opera enthusiasts all together sharing an amazing experience. For those who missed yesterday's live show, BP will be screening Giuseppe Verdi's  "Rigoletto", on 17th September at Trafalgar Square. Grab a blanket snacks friends and family and enjoy a wonderful evening.
Thank you for reading.
Venue The Royal Opera House
Opera Tosca by Puccini



 

Comments

Popular Posts