It's all a matter of perception





 








Happy Tuesday! Wow, today is the last day of Talullah's school and I can finally relax and get into the summer holiday mood. This year we'll be  doing a staycation and I've already got lots of activities planned to do with my girls and hubby.
Facebook and Instagram has been inundated with holiday pictures, making you want to go to a sun drenched beach or a lovely countryside in the South of France. But sometimes you don't need to travel far to find the perfect sunset or the perfect field of sunflowers, you just need to pay attention to what is around you and discover something new everyday.
This absolutely beautiful poppy patch has proven that to me, just a 3 minute walk from my house, bang in the middle of a small green between a busy road and a fire station. It's all a matter of perception. The pictures above provide the perception that I was somewhere in the countryside surrounded by a beautiful field of poppies. The pictures below show the opposite. And how wonderful it is to be able to find perfect little places or moments if we just pay attention.

With this post I'm starting a series of five blog posts where I'll share an outfit and five facts about me, although I always share snippets of my life here, I want to show you a whole different side of myself. Something more intimate.
Here it goes:
1. I only met my mother for the first time, aged 20.
2. I was born in Angola (Africa).
3. I always knew from an early age that I wanted to be an actress.
4. I am tenacious.
5. I love gangsta rap (don't ask).

Thank you for reading.

Outfit: maxi-dress, Jane Norman (old)

Virginia XOXO






Comments

Popular Posts