Monet and Pears

Happy Monday Everybody. I hope you all had a relaxing weekend. The funny thing about today's post was that I had to improvise the shooting location. The inspo for today's fashion story is Monet, and the pears in my garden, I'll explain.
I love Monet's paintings especially

"The Water-Lily Pond"
I love all the different shades of green and subtle use of other colour hues, within the painting. I remember seeing the painting at The National Gallery and thinking, what a breathtaking piece of art. Looking outside in my back garden I noticed my pear tree and thought about my new H & M camo skirt in a mesh of green colours. I often draw inspiration from nature; I new then, that I wanted to put together an outfit inspired by Monet's palette of greens. I wanted to place my outfit in an urban background, So I chose a skate park in Brixton with all the grafitti around...
But on the day of the shooting, the capricious English weather let me down, I had to run away from the rain and find shelter under a doorway, where I finished the shoot. 


Skirt, shirt and bag, H & M. Jacket and Boots, Primark. Pears, my garden :)


I'll finish this post with a suggestion for you to visit the National Gallery's Impressionist, post-Impressionist paintings:
http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/paintings/learn-about-art/guide-to-impressionism/guide-to-impressionism

Obviously, wait for a post with pear recipes soon. Ha! Thank you for reading...

X Virginia


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts