Another 5 Acting Tips... Let's Talk About Headshots


Hello everybody, happy Thursday! I hope you're having a nice week so far. On today's post I will be adding the last five acting tips for you to kickstart your career as an actor. If you are a new reader, please check last weeks post... http://misenscenelifestylev.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/acting-tips.html where I listed the first five acting tips. Here are the rest:

                                                                       6. Website
                                                                       7. Marketing Plan
                                                                       8. Classes
                                                                       9. Equity Card
                                                                      10. A Mentor

As I stated last week I will develop the above tips and this week, I'll talk about headshots. Your headshots alone, are the single most important piece of material you will ever need to get your foot in the door of a casting director. For that you need one GREAT PHOTO. Your headshot should show, who you really are. If, it is a commercial shot, you should smile. If, it is more a theatre shot; a more serious look. If, it is a film/t.v. you need to be realistic and go for a look that better represents your character or personality. The important thing is to know where you fit in the market, because that's how you get work. Never wear all black or all white. I've got two examples of two of my headshots. More and more actors are trying to break into the American market and the English and American headshots are slightly different.

The first shot shown in the image below was taken here in the U.K. and has a more theatrical air about it. There's no border around the picture and although my picture is in colour, black and white headshots are still common in the U.K. The second headshot was taken in L.A. and it has a more glossy and polished look about it. It also has borders and my name, as a caption. The make up has to be subtle, but you also have an alternative of having the headshots retouched (at a cost). I hope this post clarifies any doubts you may have regarding headshots, however if you have any doubts, post a comment or email me.

On next weeks post I'll be expanding upon C.V./Resume and other things...











Thank you for reading. X Virginia

Comments

Popular Posts